- The very first thing you need to do for the damaged window is to apply painter’s tape in X shape on the glass which will be removed. While doing this make sure you cover all the cracked surface.
- If there is any old putty, then use the heat gun as it will melt the putty and can easily be removed.
- After that remove the broken glass from the frame and then go for L Shaped grooves to clean away the old paint as well as putty.
- After that apply some thin layer of glazing compound in the primed grooves and press the little glass bit to bed it.
- After that paint the window frame.
These are some steps by which one can follow to change the window. But still it is said to be dangerous as you can injure yourselves or any other thing may happen. So you need to take help from the expert agency to replace this.